Our Founders Visit to The EXSPO – Sports + Fitness, Pune India
Dr ajit is working as a consultant sports & exercise medicine in Pune, India.
His experience spans more than 20 years in the related field. He completed his masters in Sports & Exercise Medicine from University of Exeter, Devon,UK.
Worked as a tournament doctor at south Asia’s biggest tennis event the TATA Maharashtra Open ATP 250 in Feb rural 2022. Part of the medical team to the Indian Tennis team at the Davis Cup tie against New Zealand. Sports medicine consultant at the Tata Open Maharashtra ATP tennis tournament in 2019. The team doctor- FC Pune City representing the Indian Super League (ISL) from 2013 – 2018. Team Doctor for Dabang Delhi Kabaddi Club during the Pro Kabaddi league season 3 & 4. Sports Doctor for the first Indian Badminton league. Cricket DCO / Chaperon for the India-Australia ODI series 2013 & India – West Indies test match series 2013.
His area of work includes injury prevention & management, sports specific fitness guidance and program execution; covering events as a sports doctor.
He is a TEDx speaker, director at ISSRA (Integrated Sports Science Research Association) & also at the IRBF (International Roll Ball Federation).
As a founder of !Fit2Sport” he and his team work in this field for a better future in sports specific fitness & performance enhancement – help building champions from more than 16 sports disciplines including some of India’s international medal winners are currently provided related assistance.
His incredible team, who are all based at his performance centre in Pune looked after me throughout my entire trip. As you can see by the calibre of the team, we had plenty to talk about!
Aylmer has completed his Bachelors in Physiotherapy from Rangoonwala college, Pune and Masters in Physiotherapy from S.B.S.P.G.I Dehradun specialising in sports rehabilitation. He has been certified with Taping, dry needling, Cupping, Myokinetics and Mobilisation techniques. Aylmer has primed in treating sports related injuries across all age groups, especially focusing on the younger age groups where his skills are also useful for talent identification.
- Physiotherapist for physio body health
- Physiotherapist for Golfa football academy Pune. Currently working in Fit2sport as a lead physiotherapist and helping in Long term athletic development.
Meenal has graduated with distinction* as a Bachelor in Physiotherapy from D.E.Socitey’s Brijlal Jindal College of Physiotherapy. She is a certified dry needling, kinesiotaping and rigid taping practitioner. Meenal also has extensive experience as a track and field athlete havingrepresented Jalgaon, Maharashtra. She has a keen interest in strength-conditioning and exercise physiology.
- Physiotherapist for Maharashtra state youth boys and girl’s selection camp and Basketball championship 2017.
- She also worked as physiotherapist at 2nd HCL junior Asian Tennis championship- ITF(grade B1) 2018 & 19.
- Physiotherapist at $25K ITF Women’s Tennis Tournament 2018.
- Currently working with Fit2Sport as a lead strength and conditioning coach and sports physiotherapist.
Meghan completed his Master’s with Merit* in Sports and exercise science and medicine from the University of Glasgow. He has a Bachelor’s in Physiotherapy from DESBJCOP Pune also qualifying to be a dry needling, Kinesiotaping and dynamic taping practitioner. Meghan also has played Basketball
and football at the state and district level respectively. He is currently working with Fit2Sport in structuring Athlete development and sports performance enhancement.
- Physiotherapist and strength and conditioning Coach in Sudhanshu’s Badminton Academy 2016-17
- Physiotherapist for V.V. Natu All India Badminton tournament 2017.
- Physiotherapist and assistant strength and conditioning coach in Fit2Sport from 2017-2018.
- Volunteer physiotherapist with Yoker Athletic Football club (Scottish semi-professional football association).
- Appointed as staff fitness consultant for Ashoka chain of restaurants in Glasgow, UK
- Associate sports scientist with cloud-based Sports science platform “The Hub” in Glasgow and India.
- Physiotherapist at KPIT-ATP challenger 2019
- Currently working as a consultant sports scientist and physiotherapist with Fit2Sport.
Madhura completed her master’s in physiotherapy from Manipal University of higher education with specialization in Orthopedic
and Sports rehabilitation. She is a certified dry needling, kinesio taping and rigid taping practitioner. She has been inclined towards sports physiotherapy as she has been a national level badminton player. She is interested in prehabilitation designing and injury mitigation strategies. Experience:
- She has worked extensively in a sports clinic in Mumbai.
- She has attended national shooting selections and ITF tennis tournaments between 2015-2016.
- She has worked with Mumbai Cricket Association for two seasons with U-19,U-23 and senior women’s teams between 2018-2020.
Rahul has completed his Bachelors of Commerce and has a certification in Nutrition as a Sports Nutrition Specialist (SNS) from National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA). He is also a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS) from the National strength and conditioning association (NSCA) He currently works at MuscleBar Pune as a calisthenics coach and is a Strength & Conditioning Specialist.
Facts & Figures
About The India Sports Industry
- The Indian sports and fitness goods market attained a value of
USD 3,944.8 million (INR 32,59,35,90,000) in 2020.
The market is estimated to reach
USD 6,579.5 million (INR 54,35,56,98,000) by 2026.
- Market’s projected growth rate is expected to be 8.9% between 2021 and 2026.
- Based on the product types, the balls segment dominated the market in 2020.
- Social media and e-commerce platforms are playing a major role in the sports business.
- Increase in lifestyle diseases leading many Indians to focus on healthier wellbeing through sports or any other fitness routine.
- Innovation and advancement in manufacturing technique will be the key in future trades.
(Data Source : https://www.expertmarketresearch.com)
Pune International Exhibition and Convention Centre (PIECC), it is one of the leading convention and exhibition centers which is located in Moshi, Pune, India. It was inaugurated in 2013 and is managed by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC). It is spread across an area of 97 acres and has a built-up area of over 4 lakh square feet. This venue, having several exhibition halls, meetings and conference rooms and also accommodates up to 1500 people in the hall. This venue is also equipped with several modern amenities as audio-visual equipment, Wi-Fi and CCTV surveillance.
- Showcasing various International Sports brands at one spot.
- From 23 to 25th Dec 2023time 8AM to 8PM.
- Live sports zone for actual experience.
- Separatespace for product launch and workshops.
- Partner’s with Kisan : India’s Largest Agriculture Exhibition
- PIECC – One of the most spacious exhibition center in the region.
- Venue with the capacity of a huge area up to 60,000 sq. meters. Massive parking space which can accommodate 2000+ Cars and 3000 two-wheelers.
Spread over 50,000+ sq.m. area. 9 Pavilions offering 20,000+ sq.m. of covered space.
This will accommodate over 12 activity arenas.
The venue will be ready to welcome 100,000 visitors.
Wide range of Sports products and services. Display will cover entire gamut of
Pavilions of sports & fitness goods, multiple sports arena
(cricket, tennis, badminton, football, table tennis, basketball)
Multipurpose Track of 1000 m around the exhibition venue for – skating, cycling and running events.
Also, a peripheral road of 4.5 kms inside the exhibition venue – suitable for hosting mega events such as Marathon, Cycle Rally etc.
Athlex It was also a joy meeting the Athlex Team, an incredibly talented group of professionals.
Athlex innovation is an exciting startup looking to harness the potential of digitization in healthcare, they are perfectly poised to deploy the latest in technology to provide cutting edge solutions in the areas of healthcare, fitness and sports.
Built by passionate entrepreneurs, Athlex is reimagining solutions in the space of sports and health care using the latest in analytics, AI, and machine learning. The solutions would be both web and mobile APPs, which can deliver information and knowledge required for performance enhancement for sports persons, as well as the overall health and well-being of a common man.
The core team comes with decades of experience in sports medicine and information technology, having worked across the globe with prestigious organizations. The company’s team has to its credit several accolades and accomplishments, including the first of its kind e-learning framework for music, the hugely appreciated and useful Covid Care Solution for Pune Division, a comprehensive disaster management solution and a first of its kind solution for automation of primary health care center operations.
The Hub training, support and education is delivered from multiple sites, by The Hub team of experts